While all traffic accidents are exceptionally dangerous, truck accidents are some of the deadliest on our roadways. The immense power, weight, and size of these vehicles help to ensure that truck accidents are particularly dangerous. If you’ve been injured by a truck driver’s negligence, a dedicated Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyer is on your side.
Truck drivers are commercial drivers who must, therefore, abide by more careful safety standards. These include hours-of-service restrictions that help to ensure truckers don’t remain behind the wheel beyond the point that it is safe to do so.
Truck Driver Negligence
Consider the following common forms of truck driver negligence that are often responsible for truck accidents:
- Failing to follow the rules of the road
- Exceeding the speed limit or driving too fast in relation to the road’s condition
- Driving while distracted by anything other than driving safely
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving while under the influence of exhaustion
- Driving aggressively
Big Accidents: Big Losses
If you are injured in a truck accident, you can expect to experience immense losses that can include all of the following:
- Property damage to your car
- Medical expenses that are likely to be ongoing
- Lost income that may reflect an inability to return to work at all
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering that is so immense it’s difficult to overstate
Your capable truck accident attorney will make sure that every category of loss you experience is well established in your truck accident claim.
Call Us Today to Speak with a South Florida Truck Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered injuries in an accident with a commercial truck, you should contact our office today. We only collect legal fees if we obtain compensation on your behalf. To schedule a free case evaluation with an attorney, call our office today.